We have merged Friends of Bessacarr Primary and Parent Network together.
Friends of Bessacarr Primary is a voluntary group of parents, staff and supporters of Bessacarr Primary.
The main aim of the group are:
To encourage social contact between parents and staff.
To assist with fundraising and by organising social events, such as Fairs, Quiz Nights and Discos.
To provide support at school events.
Some more information regarding the parent network is available below.
What is a Parent Council or Parent Forum?
A Parent Council or Forum is a body which:
- enables parents to meet, share ideas and feed back to the school
- gives parents a voice and enables them to contribute to school decision making
- helps develop a partnership between parents and school
- consults parents and advises the school leadership and/or governing body of parents’ views.
- Parental involvement has a significant effect on pupil achievement throughout the years of schooling
- Educational failure is increased by lack of parental interest in schooling
- Engaging hard to reach parents has a disproportionately positive effect on student learning and student achievement
- A father’s interest in a child’s schooling is strongly linked to better educational outcomes for the child
- In a recent study in England 72% of parents said that they wanted more involvement
Details of key research studies on parental involvement are included in a DCSF leaflet entitled The Impact of Parental Involvement on Children’s Education. This is available at www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationDetail/Page1/DCSF-00924-2008
Review of Best Practice in Parental Engagement – Department for Education Research Report RR156 is available from the Department for Education – www.education.gov.uk